What is Tez?
Tez is a new payments application from Google. This application runs on Unified Payment Interface (UPI). After demonetization, people got habituated to digital payments. There are many Wallet Apps people using these days. But Unlike Wallet Apps, Google Tez Uses UPI technology, which works like an extension to your bank account. You need not to store money in Tez, you can directly pay with your bank account using Tez. This app is similar to BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money).
India getting digitalized. after demonetization, many people had to go through online transactions. It’s not possible for everyone to be a techie and to transfer money from one’s bank account to other is a hectic job before UPI. But now UPI enabled transactions solved many complex issues.
How to Use Tez Application?
First of all, Download and install Tez application on your smartphone. Tez application is available for both Android and iOS smartphone. You can download the application from your respective App Stores.
After downloading and installing the application, you have to do the following steps.
- After installation, Choose a language to get started. Tez application available in 8 languages (English+ 7 regional languages).
- After this, you have to Enter your mobile number. Make sure your mobile number is linked to your bank account
- Next, choose a Google Account for your Tez account, nothing but your primary Gmail
- After this, you’ll get an OTP for verification.
- Later you’ll be asked to set up a password for the application. Use your screen lock or Use Google Pin. Here you can use your device lock feature or you can use Google password protection. I recommend you to use your device lock as a security key for Tez Application, to avoid confusion.
This way you are done with setting up your Tez Account. Now it’s time to Add Bank account to your Tez application.
How to add bank details
In order to send money or receive money using Tez application, you must be registered with your bank account. Else there is no point of using this application.
To add a bank account to your Tez application follow the below steps.
- After setting up your Tez Account, you can see Add Bank Account.
- Click on add bank account, now you’ll see several national banks such as State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI bank and few other popular banks.
- Choose your bank. If you have a bank account in State Bank of India (SBI), then select State Bank of India.
- Now, you’ll be asked to send a text message to your bank account, and the normal SMS tariff will be deducted. This message is nothing but, you’re seeking UPI transactions for your bank account. This automated message will enable UPI services.
- After few seconds, you’ll be asked to enter last 6 digits of your debit card and the expiry month and year. This is just for security purposes.
- Now UPI will be enabled to your bank account, and you’ve to set up UPI Pin. It is similar to ATM Pin. you’ve to remember this, and you’ve to enter this UPI pin for every transaction you do. Hence I recommend you to be careful while entering the Pin.
- After entering the Pin, you are good to go.
Now you have successfully linked your bank account to Tez app for UPI transactions. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us below.
Tez Refer and Earn Program
As an Introductory offer, Google Tez comes with a refer and earn program. If you invite your friends to install Tez app, if they install through your referral link, you will get Rs. 51. you can earn up to Rs.9000 till 31st March 2018. Earned money will directly get credited to your bank account. But the condition is, those who installed Tez app with your referral link must do one transaction, at least of Rs. 1, then you’ll get referral commission of Rs. 51. Else you won’t!
you can refer as many people you wish, other than this, you can earn special offers as well with Tez App.
Below are few commonly asked questions by the people, who are new to Tez app.
1. How to add money to Tez App?
Tez is not an app similar to Paytm, FreeCharge or other payment wallets to store money. you can’t load money to your Tez app. With the help of Tez app, you can send money directly from your bank account, without bank details. But the only condition is, the receiver should also Tez app user. Tez App is an extension of your bank account, and it is not a wallet app.
2. How to Send money using Tez App?
With the help of Tez app, you can send money directly from your bank account, but the receiver must also be a user of Tez. To send money, the receiver must be in your vicinity and activate receive mode on their end. The receiver need not to be a saved contact on your device. You just need to enter the amount you want to send and a description for the transfer. That’s it.