Deactivate Instagram Account / Delete Instagram Account: These days, social media has become a part of our life. One among such prominent social media handles is none other than – Instagram. It is a photo-blogging site and allows the user to share their pictures and videos with friends and family in the form of followers. Today, the Instagram emerged as one of the top social media platform with its incredible features.
Also, just like creating an account on Instagram, deactivating the same is also very simple and easy. And we tell you how. Read the below mentioned step by step procedure to delete or deactivate your Instagram account. Give a quick read.
Your Guide to Deactivate & Delete Instagram Account
Temporarily Deactivate Instagram Account :
Check out the below mentioned instructions to temporarily disable your Instagram account.
- First of all, open the app on your mobile or open it on computer. Remember that you cannot temporarily disable your account from within the app on mobile.
- Just click on the User option that is located on the top right
- Then, select the option – Edit profile
- Now, select the option – Temporarily disable my account
- Here you have to select an option from the drop down menu next to the option – Why are you disabling your account ?
- Just re-enter your password
- Now, click the option – Temporarily Disable Account
- Remember that the option of disabling the account will only appear after you have selected the reason from the menu
Note : In case, if you temporarily disable your account then your profile, pictures, likes and comments will be hidden until you re-activate it again.
How To Delete Instagram Account :
Read the below mentioned process to delete your account permanently.
- At first, log in into your account on Instagram with the help of credentials – Username and Password
- Then, go to the – Delete Your Account page. Remember that you cannot delete the account from within the Instagram app
- Now, select an option from the drop down menu next to the option – Why are you deleting your account ?
- Then, enter the password again.
- Note that the option of permanently deleting your account will appear only after you have selected a reason for doing the same.
- Now, click on the option – Permanently delete my account
Note : Once you delete your account, you can’t sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account. Also, it won’t reactivate the deleted accounts.
Deleting your Instagram account is an easy process and one can do it without much effort. But make sure that you learn about the consequences of deleting the account and then deactivate it. There are many major differences between temporarily deleting and permanently deleting your account. So learn and understand them before and then pick the right option.
Also, if you have any issues with the followers on your account, you can always block them and set your posts your Private mode. Pick wisely !